Frigiliana (Free-heel-ee-AH-na) [UPDATED]
Time to catch up on some outings we've made!
One of the towns always mentioned as one of the most beautiful in Andalusia is Frigiliana, just north of Nerja in the hills (but still within site of the Mediterranean). We rented a car for the first time and headed off, thankfully with Abby (and not me) driving stick up winding mountain roads.
This whitewashed town is now a popular tourist destination but still worth the visit. Just 30 minutes or so from Almuñécar it makes for a nice day trip. We walked up and down the steep streets and pedestrian-only alleyways and then enjoyed lunch with a beautiful view.
There's an attractive church on a courtyard. I especially liked the engraved inner wooden doors.
You might think from my photos that we visited after the zombie apocalypse. In truth, it was quite busy with tourists. I just don't like them in my photos.
UPDATE:
I forgot to put in a photo of a pitcher we bought. The kids have hatched a plan to collect an item from each town we visit, in order to create a complete souvenir table setting from our time in Spain. This is the first item, made in Frigiliana:
One of the towns always mentioned as one of the most beautiful in Andalusia is Frigiliana, just north of Nerja in the hills (but still within site of the Mediterranean). We rented a car for the first time and headed off, thankfully with Abby (and not me) driving stick up winding mountain roads.
This whitewashed town is now a popular tourist destination but still worth the visit. Just 30 minutes or so from Almuñécar it makes for a nice day trip. We walked up and down the steep streets and pedestrian-only alleyways and then enjoyed lunch with a beautiful view.
There's an attractive church on a courtyard. I especially liked the engraved inner wooden doors.
You might think from my photos that we visited after the zombie apocalypse. In truth, it was quite busy with tourists. I just don't like them in my photos.
UPDATE:
I forgot to put in a photo of a pitcher we bought. The kids have hatched a plan to collect an item from each town we visit, in order to create a complete souvenir table setting from our time in Spain. This is the first item, made in Frigiliana:
this entry made me laugh out loud when the absence of people was noted in the photos. I think all our own photos have no unknown persons in them. It is as though the world is uninhabited, and we know this is not true.
ReplyDeleteThe pitcher is truly lovely. Love, nancy
I will tell you the recipe in an email
Delete