Chores
I asked the kids to come up with a rotating system for assigning chores. I suggested everyone needed a daily chore and a weekly chore, and that Piers and I would be in the rotation just like they were. From this instruction they created the following:
You may not understand it (I needed a tutorial) but the most important development of this complicated rotation is that my kids now know how to clean a bathroom. (Also, from before we arrived, how to hang, sort and fold laundry; load and unload dishwasher; set and clear table; and other tasks. We make them do stuff at home in Bexley too, I promise. But none of those things is as helpful as cleaning a bathroom). We did one thorough cleaning of the bathroom together so they knew my expectations, and I insisted that they each take notes. This led to a summary which is now taped to the wall in each bathroom:
You may not understand it (I needed a tutorial) but the most important development of this complicated rotation is that my kids now know how to clean a bathroom. (Also, from before we arrived, how to hang, sort and fold laundry; load and unload dishwasher; set and clear table; and other tasks. We make them do stuff at home in Bexley too, I promise. But none of those things is as helpful as cleaning a bathroom). We did one thorough cleaning of the bathroom together so they knew my expectations, and I insisted that they each take notes. This led to a summary which is now taped to the wall in each bathroom:
I'm going to borrow your notes page... :)
ReplyDelete