La vida loca
[Cyrus writes:]
Now I will explain Language school. Our teacher is named
Alicia, but here they pronounce it Alithia. Charlotte and I are in the same
class with no one else. Alicia has been teaching us seasons, jobs, months, and
we have practiced pronouncing names. Of course we knew that stuff but it was
still good to practice. When we signed up for Language school, or Ls is how I
will start calling it, we agreed that the teachers would pretend we did not
know any Spanish. Yesterday, at language school we went to la playa, or the
beach. We started to practice jobs by drawing on rocks. Well it was different
than that. So one person wrote down a job on the slip of paper, then the next
person drew the person on the rock. Then the third person had to guess what the
drawing was.
Now, since I told you about language school, we will talk
about the AMAZING hike charlotte, Eva, Dominic, Uncle Joe, my parents and I
went on. Well, it was not exactly a hike, But even cooler! A walk in a
river!!!! So we got there and started walking in the river. We walked a while,
seeing birds, bees, and beautiful trees. The kids decided they wanted to build
a shelter, pretending we were lost in the woods and having to build a home. So
we went up the river, at our lunches at the top and then used a stick as a boat
for us to chase back downstream to the place we saw as a perfect place for the
shelter. I was nearby. I decided to build mini raft to chase back the rest of
the way. My dad and Uncle Joe helped me build it. Then my Dad and I chased it
back to the place where there was no more water. Then all the kids did, “99
bottles of beer on the wall” and finished it. Then we did, “the ants go
marching” and finished it. By the end of both of those song we made it back to
the car with our throats hurting. But we did get some of the most amazing
memories ever. And beautiful views.
When we got home, we went to the beach and found lots and
lots of sea glass. My favorite one we found was a turquoise one. We found two
of them. We also found lots of greens, whites, and browns. We found 3 yellows
which are super rare, two dark blues, which are also super rare, and 5 light
blues which are rare. By the end of the year, we were all sure we would have 2
jars full, or more. Because if we keep going at this speed, finding over 20 a
day, we will surely have at least 10 jars full!!!




Who had the rock drawing idea? It sounds like a Cyrus type of idea, so EITHER I think maybe you had that idea, or Alicia is a kindred spirit to you.
ReplyDeleteHi Cyrus:
ReplyDeleteI love how well you are describing your Spanish adventures. You are such a good writer -- interesting ideas, specific examples, lively language. Keep those blogs coming.
Love, Bibi