On to Faro
[We finally have wifi (!) and so we will begin blogging regularly. Here is the second installment Cy wrote about the first days of the trip on the way to Portugal and Switzerland before our arrival in Spain. I will add some more about Almuñécar, with photos, soon. -- Piers]
Our ride to Lisbon would take overnight so we got our own screens in front of us. I watched “gifted” with my dad, and Charlotte watched “fantastic beasts and where to find them.” My mom took a nap. Then, as I already told you, it was overnight so we went to bed. In the morning, we went to the Lisbon airport. We were to stay at the airport for 6 hours! We had some breakfast and water and we walked around looking for a Starbucks. No Starbucks. That took about 3 hours. Then, my mom and I took a nap. I woke up last and I had slept for 2 hours! I happened to be drooling in my sleep so my parents took a picture of me. (You can see that picture. I am the person lying down! sadly you can not see my drool.) When I woke up, it was time to go to the gate waiting area. We waited there for about an hour when the airport workers finally told us to get on the plane to Faro, Portugal. The flight from Lisbon to Faro was so short! It was only 1 hour! When we arrived in Faro, a car assigned to pick us up from my Aunt Vicki came and drove us to Vicki’s parents’ house. We saw Aunt Vicki, Uncle Christian (my dad’s brother), and their 3 kids, Gus, Solly and Xanthe. Solly and Xanthe are twins. They are 2 years old. Gus is 5, 6 in November. Vicki’s Parents have a big house. So Charlotte and I had a room, Gus had his own room, my parents had a room, the twins had a room, Tañya the nanny had one, and Eva and Dominic, our other cousins who also came had one. Vicki had a room. Christian had a room. And they had… A living room, a kitchen, a huge study/office, a pool, all kinds of fruit and vegetable trees and bushes, they also had a big T.V. which the twins watched Peppa pig on.We had so much fun swimming in the pool and playing.
Our ride to Lisbon would take overnight so we got our own screens in front of us. I watched “gifted” with my dad, and Charlotte watched “fantastic beasts and where to find them.” My mom took a nap. Then, as I already told you, it was overnight so we went to bed. In the morning, we went to the Lisbon airport. We were to stay at the airport for 6 hours! We had some breakfast and water and we walked around looking for a Starbucks. No Starbucks. That took about 3 hours. Then, my mom and I took a nap. I woke up last and I had slept for 2 hours! I happened to be drooling in my sleep so my parents took a picture of me. (You can see that picture. I am the person lying down! sadly you can not see my drool.) When I woke up, it was time to go to the gate waiting area. We waited there for about an hour when the airport workers finally told us to get on the plane to Faro, Portugal. The flight from Lisbon to Faro was so short! It was only 1 hour! When we arrived in Faro, a car assigned to pick us up from my Aunt Vicki came and drove us to Vicki’s parents’ house. We saw Aunt Vicki, Uncle Christian (my dad’s brother), and their 3 kids, Gus, Solly and Xanthe. Solly and Xanthe are twins. They are 2 years old. Gus is 5, 6 in November. Vicki’s Parents have a big house. So Charlotte and I had a room, Gus had his own room, my parents had a room, the twins had a room, Tañya the nanny had one, and Eva and Dominic, our other cousins who also came had one. Vicki had a room. Christian had a room. And they had… A living room, a kitchen, a huge study/office, a pool, all kinds of fruit and vegetable trees and bushes, they also had a big T.V. which the twins watched Peppa pig on.We had so much fun swimming in the pool and playing.
Comments
Post a Comment